Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015: The Year of The Crew Chief


First of all I would like to declare 2015 to be "The Year of the Crew Chief".  The Crew Chief as in Chad Knaus... 6 time Championship Crew Chief of the Lowe's 48 team.  I'm not exactly sure what this means but I like the sound of it.  And now onto the rest of the post...

Another new year is now upon us and traditionally this means new year's resolutions.  Normally I don't do them simply because I can never remember to keep them... hence, why bother?  But this year, I thought I would give it a chance.  However, I'm going to do this my way.  So instead of just one resolution, I have a short list of items I would like to work on this year.

1 - Write more often
2 - Drink less soda / more water
3 - Get a decent amount of sleep each night
4 - Do that work out thing
5 - De-clutter the house

This day also marks the beginning of the Winter 2015 term of the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup.  Happily I have been sorted once again to the Noble House of Slytherin.  I've already made the decision to do another non-crazy term.  No Advanced Studies.  At least one class a month which is the minimum requirement.  Of course I can't resist doing all of the Quidditch since I am once again honoured to be a Quidditch Coach.

Crafting goals include:
1 - use as much stash yarn as possible
2 - sewing projects that can fit into class prompts
3 - spinning
4 - work on weaving skills

I've also been considering selling hand made items via Etsy.  I just haven't decided on what I want to sell.  There have been ideas about project bags, cowls, stuffed items, beaded items.  I have a small list started.  The fun part comes with pricing items.  How do you come up with a price on a hand made item.  Not only does the price of the materials have to be counted but the time involved in making the item.  Those who don't actually make crafts sometimes don't understand why hand made items cost more.  It doesn't help that similar items can be found at the big box stores at lower prices.  But thankfully, there are still some who think that hand made items are worth the extra cost.

So that's all I got for now.  Hopefully I can keep up the writing.  Have a great start to the new year y'all!

No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...