Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye, 2014



Another year is coming to an end.  I'm one year older.  But that doesn't make me more wiser than last year.  It just makes me one year older.  Parts of this year just seem like a blur.  But let's face it, I'm not very good at remembering dates.  I don't even remember the date that I got engaged.  And if you've seen those jewelry commercials then you will know that apparently that's an important date in a woman's life.  That along with marriage and the birth of children.  Obviously I remember the later two since they are celebrated on a yearly basis.  But is it really that important to remember the first one?  Things that make you go hmmmm...

Overall, it's been a good year.  So instead of going crazy over the not so good events toward the end of October, I shall just focus on the positive parts of the year.  I would have to say one of the highlights of this year was finally seeing a NASCAR race in person.  It was the June Michigan race.  The only downside was that I got my first sunburn that day.  But in the end that really didn't matter since I got to see the Lowe's 48 team win for the first time at that track.  Not even the rude Harvick fan can ruin those memories for me.  He thought Chad Plushie should have been a voodoo doll.  I like to think that Chad Plushie brought the team a little bit of good luck.


One day I hope to have the winning diecast race car.  But right now it's just not in the budget.  I did get the tee shirt.  And of course I still have my memories.  And at this point in time... those are good enough.  I'm amazed that I saw the race.  Pretty sure I spent most of my time looking at the Lowe's 48 pit box.  Nothing wrong with that though... some good sights to see on top of that box.

Another good memory from the year would be the friends I have met.  Even though some of them have popped out of my life for whatever reason, they will always be remembered.  And I wish them nothing but the best of luck and a very happy life.  I will be forever thankful that for a brief moment I was able to call them friends.  And to those friends who still chat with me... thank you, thank you for sticking with me.  True friendship is so very hard to come by these days.  It's even more difficult for people like me who don't find it easy to open up to others.  I may seem like a chatterbox online but in person I am not.  Really, I'm more of the "blend in the background" kind of person.

So before I get all weepy writing this post, I'll just bring this to an end.  For some reason a quote from the movie "Young Catherine" (1991) about Catherine II of Russia comes to mind.  I saw it years ago on VHS.  I don't even know if it's on DVD yet but check out YouTube if you're interested in viewing it.  But anyways... She was addressing the troops and said "What is past cannot be re-written.  But is in our power to right the future".  Learn from the past.  Do not dwell on the past.  Everything happens for a reason.  And remember that life will always find a way.  




No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...