Saturday, August 30, 2008

Punk Rock Gift Exchange IV

1. Why did you join PRGE?
Because it is great fun.

1.a. Have you done other swaps? Are you doing other swaps right now?
Yes, I have done many swaps. I am in the middle of the Twilight Knitting Swap and the Hogwarts Sock Swap IV. I also will be joining HSKS VI when it starts up next month.

2. What are your five favorite things? (these don't have to be knit related)
1. Harry Potter
2. Twilight
3. watching the boys play nicely with each other
4. playing Tomb Raider on the Playstation
5. reading a good book

2.a. Do these things allow any hints into your personality for your punk pal?
I guess so.

3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet?
1. Socks (cuff down) - I’ll admit that I like heel turns and the kitchener stitch.
2. Dishcloths - Quick and portable.
3. Any Harry Potter pattern - I have started making items in the Slytherin colors for me.

3.a. What do you tend to make with knit/crochet?
Socks, hats, mittens, dishcloths

3.b. What do you hope to make (or complete that you have started) someday?
The Arwen sweater - I have the yarn, I just have to start it.

4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday? Why?
1. Tape measures are always good
2. something for the boys or the hubby
3. something to put all the DPNs in
4. something from my spoiler's city
5. anything lavender scented

4.a. What do you hope to never see in a swap box again (or ever)?
anything with coconut

5. What are your three favorite yarns? What are your three least favorite yarns?
Three Favorite yarns
1. StitchJones
2. Lisa Souza
3. Socks that Rock

Three Least Favorite yarns
1. anything scratchy
2. sparkly novelty yarn
3. any yarn that is really splitty when knitted

5.a. Do you like solid, self-striping, or multi-colored yarns?
I like all of them.

5.b. What are your favorite colors? What are your favorite colors to knit with?
Blues, greens, purple, black, red

6. What are your five favorite delicacies?
1. cheesecake
2. gummy worms
3. good Mexican food (this does not mean Taco Bell)
4. a good pair of high heels (black, of course)
5. banana nut bread

6.a. What yarn do you hope to one day try and why?
I would love to try Wollmeise but I know how hard it is to get. I have yet to knit with Fearless Fibers even though she lives in the Portland area. Every time I get some, I keep giving it away in a swap.

7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures?
1. Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha
2. Hand-made soap
3. watching Food Network

7.a. What are your favorite tv or movie charactors?
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider), Piper Halliwell (Charmed)

8. What are the five things you look forward to every week?
1. Nascar (Favorite driver is Jeff Burton - 31 car)
2. Weekly Sip n’ Stitch at Starbucks
3. Ghost Hunters
4. Sleeping in on the weekend
5. Throwdown with Bobby Flay on Food Network

8.a. What do you do during your week (ie - work, take care of three kids, race walk)?
Take care of 2 small boys. Thankfully the 5 yr old will be starting kindergarten on the 4th.

9. What do you collect?
Anything that has to do with Anceint Egypt, sock yarn, and high heel shoes. Also anything with a triquetra on it. Lately my cookbook collection has grown. I am still mising Everday Italian though. One day, I plan on getting it.

9.a. What collects you?
my 2 small boys, cookbooks

10. When is your birthday?
14 March

10.a. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Halloween because it is a spooky holiday and I get to eat Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins.



11. Do you have any wishlists?
Yes, they are listed in the left sidebar.

11.a. Do you have a "favorites" collection anywhere that your pal should know about?
Here is my favorites on Etsy => EnchantedDaffodil's Favorites.

12. Do you have any allergies or health related conditions that your pal should know about?
I don't have any allergies but the husband is allergic to cats.

12.a. What drives you nuts?
Hypocrites and whiny people

13. What do you do for work and what do you do for fun?
I deal with 2 small boys who spend most of the morning running around screaming at each other. The 2 yr old beats up on the 5 yr old. For fun, I do as much knitting as I can or play Tomb Raider on the Playstation II.

13.a. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
write a book or open a yarn store

14. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here?
I am a beginning spinner who just recently acquired an Ashford Joy. I am also on Ravelry and my ID is AngelaMarie. I spent 9 1/2 years in the US Navy with 5 years on an aircraft carrier. My two small boys are a handful. One is 5 years and the other is 2 years. Bright neon colors make my eyes hurt. My all time favorite scent is lavender. My favorite NFL team is the San Diego Chargers and my favorite NASCAR driver is Jeff Burton. Plus I have all of the Harry Potter and Twilight books.

14.a. Are you excited for the contests or will you just pretend that they do not exist?
I try to remember them but sometimes forget.

No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...