Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hot Cocoa Swap Questionnaire


Photobucket



Cocoa:
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
I have had store bought cocoa and home made cocoa - always in a big mug. My favorite cocoa was prepared with milk and had crushed peppermint candies mixed in with a peppermint candy cane and whipped cream to garnish.

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
Whipped Cream

Yarn/Knitting/Crochet
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
That would be sock yarn (Socks that Rock, Lisa Souza, Lorna's Laces) in any colors except bright neon ones. I also like wool, alpaca, cotton. But then, I have also used acrylic like Caron Simply Soft, some of the Bernat yarns, and the softer Red Heart. As you can see, I pretty much use a wide variety of yarn. No yarn snobbery here.

2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
Both, but I crochet faster as I have been doing that alot longer than knitting.

3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
So far I have used the Knit Picks nickel plated DPNs and the Options set. I have been thinking about trying the Knit Picks Harmony Wood DPNs.

4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
That all depends on how you define a "healthy supply of notions". There are some items I can always have more - like measuring tapes, darning needles, stitch markers or anything really cute and handy to have. I am still looking for something to put my straight needles in.

5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
Locking stitch markers or WPI Tool and Knit-Kard or something to hold my DPNs together when I am not working on the current sock project.

6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)
That would include dishcloths, socks, mittens, baby items.

Miscellaneous
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
Sitting by the fireplace reading a good book or watching a movie.

2. What is your favorite animal?
Black cats

3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
Yes, winter here in Oregon is the "rainy season".

4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
Watching a movie with the boys, knitting or crocheting while curled up under a lapghan.

5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
The daffodils blooming as they are my favorite flower.

6. What are your favorite treat?
Chocolate, cheesecake, fudge, maple syrup candy from Vermont, gummy worms. Yes, I have a sweet tooth.

7. What is your favorite board game?
Monopoly

8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
I have two small boys - Nathan (5 years old) and Nicholas (2 years old).

9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
I don't have any allergies but the husband is allergic to cats (which is why we don't have any).

No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...