Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Defeat the Winter Doldrums" Dishcloth Swap


Photobucket



1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both?
Both, but for dishcloths - just knitting. I have been crocheting since I was in high school and use both yarn and thread. I have only been knitting for the past few years.

2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths?
I have only used straight needles - both aluminum and wood. But I tend to use the aluminum ones more often.

3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you've been wanting to try?
I have used Sugar'n Cream, Peaches & Cream, Bernat Handicrafter Cotton, Bernat Organic Natural Cotton, and Lion Brand Cotton. I have yet to try Lion Brand Cotton-Ease but am thinking about giving it a try. Also, I have two balls of Knit Picks CotLin that I need to use. I am not too picky and would be happy with any cotton.

4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)?
The kitchen is painted merlot (a deep red) and has Ancient Egyption decor. There are two and a half baths. The half bath is painted a sage green and will be in the Asian theme. The kids bathroom is painted yellow with sailboats as a theme. The master bath doesn't really have a theme. But I am thinking of going with a French theme to match the bedroom.

5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite?
My favorite colors include blues, greens, red, purple, black. The least favorite would be bright neon colors.

6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends?
Right now I am just waiting for the "rainy season" here in Oregon to end.

7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps?
That would be play time with my two little boys. They are both so full of energy. I just wish I had a tiny portion of that just so I can keep up with them.

8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps?
That would be gummy worms.

9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa?
I drink all three. For coffee, I drink it fully loaded with flavored cream. I just had a Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks today and it may be my new favorite drink from there. The teas I drink are chamomile and green teas.


caramel_mach.jpg



10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do?
I would love to go to Egypt and learn as much about its history as I can.

11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of?
No, I don't have any allergies but my husband is allergic to cats.

No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...