Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Beginning of The End


The Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup... it all began in September of 2008.  There were only about 20 students per house during that first term.  Eight calendar years later and it is still going strong with about 175 students per house.  It has grown so much that an enrollment cap had to be instituted.  There are now Students on Sabbatical and NQFYs (Not Quite First Years).

I have been involved since the beginning of House Cup time.  I have spent terms as just a student.  I have spent terms as part of Slytherin staff and House Cup staff.  And during all that time, I have only had one break term.  I am the last Slytherin from term 1.  Many things have happened since then.  A lot of good.  And some bad.

And now my time in the Cup is coming to an end.  Officially I have 3 terms left before I retire and hang up the wand.  I still enjoy it but it's just time to move on.  The only thing that is certain is that my House Cup time will end in the house it began... Slytherin in Fall 2017.  The other two terms (Winter 2017 and Spring 2017) have not been decided on.  But no matter which House I end up for next term, I am already prepared with a ravatar.


No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...