Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tea, Scones, and Snogging


Location: Slytherin Dungeons
Nighttime had settled over Hogwarts castle and the normally busy Slytherin common room was strangely empty for a Friday night. The exception to this was the one witch who sat all alone on one of the plush green sofas that decorated the common room. All she could do was sit there in silence and stare at the ground in front of her.
The race car driver standing nearby wasn't quite sure what to do with her. He just watched her in silence with a concerned look on his face. There was sadness in her large brown eyes and he could tell that she had been fighting off tears most of the day. The only thing he was sure of was that he didn't like seeing his little witch look so lost. Moments passed and the only idea that entered his mind was that a change of scenery might do her some good. I can’t believe that I am about to do this. But he couldn't stand to see her looking so sad. If that meant a trip to see a certain crew chief in North Carolina, then he was willing to take that risk.
“So what are you planning to do this weekend?” He quietly asked her as he made himself comfortable on the sofa next to her. He pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her giving her a gentle squeeze. She offered very little resistance but made herself comfortable in his lap and rested her head on his chest.
“Honestly, I have no idea.” She just sat there and clinched her teeth and he knew that she was doing her very best not to cry in front of him.
“Well, in that case. I have one for you.”
She just looked at him with a confused expression on her face. “Like what?”
“I was thinking a trip to see Knaus over in North Carolina. I’m sure he wouldn't mind a visit since he keeps asking about you at each race.”
“Seriously?!?” She didn't quite know what to say. “You want me to go visit another guy? But what happens if… uhhh….” She could feel her checks start to turn red.
“What happens if you kiss him again?” Before she could respond he kept going. “Yeah, I kinda figured something happened between you two when I saw how he was looking at you. It was pretty obvious.”
“Oh….” All she could do was turn a brighter shade of red as she thought of the kisses she had shared with Chad outside of Hendrick Motorsports. “I didn't mean for it to happen. It just happened.” She looked back at him with a questioning look on her face. “I don’t understand. If you knew we kissed then why do you want me to go back there to visit him?”
“It’s simple really. You need a change of pace. I can tell that it’s driving you batty just to sit around with nothing major to plan. So I figured a visit to North Carolina might do you some good.”
“You are completely amazing!!!” She was so excited that she threw her arms around him and hugged him with all of her might.
“What? All I get is a hug?” He said in mocked annoyance. “I practically throw you at another guy…”
“You are such a turd.” She playfully stuck her tongue out at him.
“So tell me something. Who kisses better? Me or him?” Jeff looked at her with an amused expression on his face.
“Seriously Jeff, I am not comparing your kissing techniques.”
He just sighed and tried to look annoyed. “Fine. Then you go get ready and I’ll go find that Doctor guy.”
“What for? I can just apparate to North Carolina.”
“Yeah, I would prefer he drop you off in the Tardis. That way there is less chance of your aim being off and you landing in the middle of New York City. I know how crazy your powers get when you are emotional. Now get moving before I change my mind.”
She could tell that Jeff had clearly made up his mind and knew it would be futile to even attempt to change it. “Fine, fine. I’m going… You can be so bossy at times.”
He just chuckled to himself as she walked off to get ready. Dang, I hope that this doesn't bite me in the ass.
Location: Hendrick Motorsports near Charlotte Motor Speedway
There were clear blue skies over Hendrick Motorsports and Chad Knaus tried to shield his hazel eyes as he scanned the sky over the complex. He wasn't even sure what he was looking for but that didn't stop him from looking. It had seemed like forever since his life was interrupted by the first and only witch he had ever met. He was also sure that Jeff Burton was tired of answering his endless questions of when she would come by for another visit.
“Chad, what are you doing out here?” Jimmie Johnson gave his crew chief a concerned look.
“I’m just getting some fresh air, Jimmie.”
“Yeah, okay. So are you coming by the house tomorrow? Chani was wondering if she should expect you.”
“Uh, I've got some stuff I have to take care of…” Well, I hope I do…
“Alrighty. I’ll talk with you later then.”
The day passed and twilight soon set. A slight breeze filled the air and Chad soon found that he was the only person still at the shop. He glanced at his watch and wondered how much longer he should wait. He took one last look around before starting to head back inside the shop. The disappointment on his face was clear to anyone who would have seen him but there was no one there but him. And just when he had almost given up hope for a miracle that night he heard a familiar sound in the distance.
Vroomp Vroomp
            He raced towards where the sound was coming from and came to a grinding halt when he saw it. It was that blue box again. The last time he saw it was when she had left but she promised that she would come to visit again. This time he hoped that the blue box would be bringing her back for a visit so he waited impatiently for the door to open.
“Chad!!!!” A high pitched squeal hit his ears and he found himself almost knocked to the ground by his favorite witch. Well, to be fair, she was the only witch he had ever met so that automatically made her his favorite. She squeezed her arms around him tight. “It’s so good to see you again!!! Did you miss me?”
“Of course I did. But I’m sure Burton told you that already.” He squeezed her back and buried his face in her neck.
“Yeah, he did mention that you asked about me once or twice.”
Jeff cleared his throat to get their attention. “Once or twice? Try like every week since the last time you were here.” Instead of letting her go, Chad just turned her around so she was facing Jeff but he kept his arms wrapped securely around her waist as if he was afraid she would disappear if he let her go. He was in no hurry to let go anytime soon and not even glares from Jeff Burton could change that fact.
Jeff just sighed when he realized that Chad was not letting go. Whatever, she’ll be coming back with me anyway Knaus. “Okay. So here is the deal. She is visiting for the weekend. The Doctor and I will be back for her Sunday evening at this spot. You will make sure to have her here no later than 10 pm local time. Got it Knaus?”
Chad just calmly shook his head. “Got it. Not a problem.” Inwardly he was thrilled. After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, he was finally going to be able to spend some time alone with her without worrying about her getting in trouble.
“Now that we got that settled.” Jeff looked back at his witch who was still wrapped up in the crew chief’s arms but it looked like she didn't mind one little bit. “And you missy, try to remember to be careful with your magic. We don’t need any trouble, alright.”
She smiled and shook her head in agreement. “Got it.”
He looked relived and for a moment was beginning to doubt his idea of bringing up the idea of this visit. “Good. Now come give me a kiss so the Doctor can take me back to the Dungeons.”
Chad reluctantly let her go and tried not to look too disappointed as he watched Jeff wrap her up in his arms and kiss her for what seemed like an eternity to Chad.
“Anything happens to her and I am coming after you, got it Knaus?”
Chad recognized that “don’t mess with me” look that Jeff was giving him and just responded with one word… “Yep.” Even he knew that Jeff Burton was not someone to piss off and doing so might prevent future visits from happening.
“Alright. So I will see y’all this Sunday.” He took one last look at the both of them before returning to the Tardis and closing the door behind him. Moments later it was gone leaving Chad and Girly alone in the dark.
Chad just flashed a boyish grin at her and was overjoyed at that fact that he had her to himself for the weekend. “So what do you want to do now?”
“I’m sure we can figure something out.” She opened the small bag she was carrying and pulled out a broomstick. She looked up at him with a mischievous grin on her face. “So tell me Chad, have you ever ridden on a broomstick before?”

To Be Continued...

No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...