Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sock Summit Part III

The only highlight of saturday at Sock Summit was the fact that I drove to the Oregon Convention Center by myself through downtown Portland for the first time. It went pretty smoothly. I helped Sharon of StitchJones for a short time in the morning before having some lunch. That afternoon I had a stranded colorwork class with Janal Laidman. I still have to finish my little sock from the class. Just haven't had time to sit down and work on it.

I was too tired to go to the Ravlery party at the Forestry Center that night but I heard it was pretty good. There was something about goodie bags... but I needed the sleep more and actually woke up bright and cheerful Sunday morning ready for my continental knitting class and ribbing class with Cookie A. Now I have to make sure that the ribbing on all of my socks flows into the pattern on the leg or it will look just plain wonky.

Sunday was closing ceremonies and it was bitter sweet. It was also the 99th anniversary of Elizabeth Zimmerman's birth. I still think it is pretty funny that Meg Swanson said she was brainwashed into knitting by her mother.


Sock Summit goodies (I'll have a more detailed post on what I got later.)

Sock Innovation by Cookie A.

Knitting Without Tears by Elizabeth Zimmerman (signed by Meg Swanson)

Toe Up! by Chrissy Gardiner

1 comment:

Hermione Bagnold said...

I am in awe of the autographs, and already drooling over the goods!!!

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...