Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!!!

Quotations for U.S.A. Independence Day

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
~Thomas Paine

Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have.
~Harry Emerson Fosdick

Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.
~Dwight D. Eisenhower

In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.
~Franklin D. Roosevelt

It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you.
~Dick Cheney

If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace.
~Hamilton Fish

Freedom is never free.
~Author Unknown

Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.
~John Dickinson

From every mountain side
Let Freedom ring.

~Samuel F. Smith, "America"

And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.

~Lee Greenwood

No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...