Friday, October 10, 2008

An OFFF time of the Year

It was a fabulous day down in Canby. Yes, I know that the Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival was about 2 weeks ago. But, I kept fogetting to post about it. So here it is - better late than never. So here are a few pictures taken on saturday, September 27.

The first stop was to see Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I can't go to OFFF and not buy any Socks that Rock. There is no such thing as too many skeins of Socks that Rock. Here we have Rachel and Gail sitting outside the Abstract Fiber booth. Rachel is showing off her scores from the Blue Moon booth.

And speaking of Abstract Fiber - here is the booth filled with fabulous hand-dyed fiber. I absolutely love her roving and I am fortunate enough to see her on a weekly basis at the Sip n' Stitch here in the Portland area. I have done my first hand-spun with her superwash merino. I'll have to take pictures later.

Lavender Sheep - Another fabulous fiber artist here in the Portland, OR area. We seem to be overflowing with talented fiberistas here in this area. And I am definitely not complaining. I picked up some lovely superwash merino from her.

And right next door was Gardiner Yarn Works - another Portland gal. With all of this fibery goodness here, it is completely understandable why I love living here in Oregon.

Although she may not be a Portland gal, Lisa Souza is another fab dyer. She hails from California and has some amazing hand-dyed yarns and fiber. I only bought one skein of her Sock! yarn due to the fact that I was nearing the end of the funds. But that is okay because I already had 4 skeins of her Sock! yarn at home already.

I'll put a post of the goodies I bought in another post. I got some good stuff. Stay tune for that.

No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...