Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Gift


...moments later...

Andromeda found herself staring once more into the face that had girls all over Hogwarts swooning at its very sight. There were those beautiful eyes and that charming, boyish grin.

"Edward, I can't stay here all night. I do have to get some sleep."

"Okay. But first, I want to see one thing."

She looked shocked. "I am not that type of girl. That would be the Lovegood sisters."

Edward laughed. "Not that. Well, not that now." He grinned. "I just wanted to see what you looked like with your hair down."

"Oh." She blushed a deep, crimson red before removing the ponytail holder out of her hair. Her long black hair reached down to her small waist.

"Now, give me one good reason why you don't keep it down. It looks beautiful that way."

"Simple," she replied. "It gets in my face."

"Well, this should help then." He showed her a black velvet headband that had a black velvet bow on it before putting it on her head. "Now, I think you should get back before you get in to too much trouble. Take these with you. They should help with that Prefect of yours." Before they parted ways he gave her one last kiss. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Andromeda grinned before turning around and making a bee line back to the common room as quickly and quietly as she could. She was almost to the entrance to the common room when the sound of footprints made her freeze in her tracks. She quickly casted the Disillusionment Charm on herself just in time before Madame Pomfrey went walking past her muttering something about spattergroit. That was way too close for comfort. Andromeda waited quietly until the school nurse was out of her sight and she made a mad dash to the common room.

What she saw when she entered the common room was not anything she was expecting. There were several goblins looking quite miserable covered with spattergroit and the Slytherin prefect was with them looking like she had been quite busy most the evening.

Not knowing quite what to do, she placed the small bag on a table. "I was just hungry and brought back some of Esme's cookies from the kitchens. But I think I am just tired now so I will just leave these here for you if you want them."

She took one last look at the goblins before wishing Arabella a good night. Trying to look as innocent as she could, she headed toward the stairs that led up to the dorm rooms. I just hope she doesn't notice anything wrong. Stupid, charming new boy keeping me out this late at night and giving me cheesecake. Not to mention...well, that was good too.

No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...