Saturday, June 28, 2008

The New Boy

... the continuing saga of the stupid, charming new boy and the delightfully, sarcastic Slytherin girl

Andromeda froze in her tracks, clutching her broomstick with a death grip. It better not be who I think it is, she thought furiously. But she knew exactly who it was without even having to turn around. She took a deep breathe before turning around to face Edward Thomas Pattinson. But she preferred to call him that stupid, charming new boy.

"And what exactly are you doing here?", she said with her voice dripping with venom. Be nice Andi said a voice in her head.

Shut up Avada. No one asked for your bloody opinion.

He really is a nice boy. The least you can do is be polite and give the poor boy a chance.

Fine, she thought. I can do politeness. Putting on her best smile, she looked up at Edward again.

"So, Edward, is there any particular reason you are following me around this late at night? Or are you just out for a stroll in the moonlight?"

"Actually," he replied taking a few steps toward her. " I was hoping that I could talk you into a few study sessions. Every time I approach any other girl, she starts giggling uncontrollably."

"Yes, most girls here have that problem. It can be quite annoying."

"Most girls except you." He replied staring up at the full moon shinning brightly in the night sky.

"I am not like most girls in case you hadn't noticed."

"Yes, I've noticed and it's actually quite refreshing." He grinned at her. "So, about those study sessions."

"You don't beat around the bush, eh?"

"Nope, I see no reason to."

Andromeda walked slowly so she was standing right in front of him and stood on her toes so that she could look at him in the eyes. "I'll have to think about it. But for now, I have to get some sleep." Turning around, she started to head back to the Slytherin common room with a completely smug look on her face.

"Andromeda, wait." She stood for a few minutes to allow Edward to catch up to her. "When will I find out your answer."

She looked up at him with a completely innocent look on her face. "I'll let you know tomorrow. All you have to do is find me. Now, goodnight, Edward." She turned around and continued walking back to the common room knowing the whole time that he was watching her as she walked away.

...to be continued

No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...