Friday, March 21, 2008

PRGE Song Contest

My upstream pal sent me her 3 favorite songs for the PRGE Song Contest. My mission was to attempt to match the songs to a project/yarn. Kinda interesting since I have never heard the songs before in my life. But I managed to come up with something for each song.

Metallica-Master of Puppets


514265233_c7d25d6da5.jpg


The first thing that came to mind was Lord Voldemort and how he had control of the Death Eaters. They are like mindless puppets doing his every command.

Alice in Chains-Down in a hole


118871619_a0d7850a63.jpg


The first thing that came to mind was down in a rabbit hole as in "Alice in Wonderland". But after hearing the song, it just didn't fit anymore. Then I came across these socks that were inspired by a pair of socks found in a tomb. They had been there since 1562 and were still amazingly well preserved. I would knit them in Socks that Rock Lightweight in the "Shadow" colorway from the Raven series.

Led Zeppelin-Kashmir


2047622198_3af2b284df.jpg


"Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dream
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been"

- Kashmir by Led Zeppelin

No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...