Monday, February 25, 2008

“Defeat the Winter Doldrums” Dishcloth Swap

"Defeat the Winter Doldrums" Dishcloth Swap - This really, really great package arrived this past Saturday all the way from Delaware. My upstream pal is none other than the delightfully sassy Gina of The Mirthful Menagerie. Seriously, I like the girl's sassy side. She reminds me of myself. Anyway, check out the goodies that she sent me. The chocolate did not survive the weekend. It was very good. Now I have something to store all of my straight knitting needles in. Very cool. The Chief looked at it funny until I told him what it was for. I am not even gonna mention what was going thru his mind. The cotton is Cherry Tree Hill Cotton Boucle Mini in "Dusk". I honestly did not know that Cherry Tree Hill did anything other than sock yarn. But now I might have to find more of this cotton. Then there are the stitch markers from Hide and Sheep which are always good.


But this has got to be the coolest part of the entire package. The hand knit dishcloth with the Eye of Horus on it. Not only is it hand-knitted but she designed it herself. Now how cool is that?!? I told The Chief that she should write the pattern and sell it because I would totally buy it. Of course now I am picturing one with the Pryamids of Giza on it. I could use some of that Bernat Organic Cotton to whip one up. But anyway, this dishcloth is by far the coolest one I have and will be used instead as a washcloth. Plus the cloth totally goes with the hand made soap that has Nefertiti on it and is scented "Egyptian Sandalwood". I am not sure where the Nefertiti soap came from but I found one at an Etsy site that has other Egyptian soaps that I am looking at for me. There is the Eye of Horus and the Egyptian Scarab soaps. It's only a matter of time before I cave in and buy both of them. The other soap bar has the Fleur De Lis on it and is lavendar scented (love the lavendar) which came from the Spoil Me Sinful Etsy site.

No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...