Monday, July 16, 2007

Hogwarts Sock Swap II


What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?

Shoe size? Foot length? Foot circumference?
Shoe size: 9
Length: 9.75 inches
circumference: 9.5 inches.

List your three favorite sock yarns (that I have personally knitted with):
a. Koigu KPPM
b. Lisa Souza Sock!
c. Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock

Would you like to try a new brand of sock yarn? If so, which brand?
I would love to try Cherry Tree Hill or Duet Sock Yarn. I keep missing the updates on Loopy Ewe and they had my favorite Duet Sock Yarn - Sailor Girl. I used to be in the US Navy.

Do you prefer variegated or solid sock yarn?
Vareigated

What colors would you like to add to your sock yarn stash?
For STR lightweight, "Titania" or "Little Bunny Foo Foo"
For STR mediumweight, "Rhodonite"
For Lorna's Laces, "Black Purl" or "Lakeview"
For Cherry Tree Hill, "Northern Lights" or"Gypsy Rose"

What kind of sock patterns do you gravitate toward? Lace? Ribbed? Fair Isle?
I have only done sock patterns with ribbing and some simple lace. I have yet to try fair isle. I love Cookie's patterns.

Do you have any allergies? (smoke, animals, etc.).
I don't have any allergies, but the hubby is allergic to cats.

Will your socks be exposed to cigarette smoke or animals as you knit them?
Nope. We have no pets and no one here smokes.

Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?
Absolutely!

Sign ups are now open for First Years in the second Hogwarts Sock Swap. So if you missed the first round, hurry on over and sign up for the second round.

No comments:

From Colorado to North Carolina...

  Greetings from Mooresville, North Carolina!  We have lived here for about 4 months now and I am  still giddy over the fact that I am fina...